Car Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX, Obtaining Full Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
Most people think nothing of getting into their vehicle and driving to and from work, school, and errands. They never imagine they may be involved in a motor vehicle accident. As Texas roadways become congested with more traffic, the risk of being involved in a crash substantially increases. Car accidents in Houston have steadily been on the rise.
One of the most traumatic events an individual can face is being seriously injured in a car accident. If you have sustained a severe injury, one of the last things you want to worry about is the numerous legal issues surrounding car accident cases.
The Redwine Law Firm has a team of Houston car accident lawyers who can handle the various details that go along with the claims process. It is our belief that car accident victims need to rest and recover from their injuries. Therefore, we can help you with the often overly complex claims process as well as deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
In addition, our Houston auto accident attorneys are well-qualified to handle cases that include wrongful death, taxi crashes, and fatal crash accidents.
Suppose you have sustained minor injuries or been involved in an even more severe crash. In that case, you need the help of a Texas car accident attorney who will fight to help you obtain a fair financial recovery for the injuries and other damages you have sustained.
Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case. We will be happy to inform you of your rights and legal options.
What Are the Most Commonly Cited Causes of Car Accidents?
Unfortunately, car accidents happen on a daily basis in the Houston, Texas, area. Houston car accidents typically occur to many of the following factors that include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Road conditions
- Weather-related conditions
As stated above, distracted driving is one of the most commonly cited factors contributing to motor vehicle accidents in Houston or other areas of the country. This includes talking on the cell phone or texting and driving. Driving while distracted has led to head-on collisions, single-vehicle accidents, and rear-end crash accidents.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident due to negligent driving, you need to consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our personal injury law firm can evaluate your case and determine if you need to file an auto accident claim.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Sustained in an Auto Accident?
Due to the sheer violent nature of car crashes, accident victims may sustain any number of injuries. However, based on personal injury claims, there are accident injuries that seem to be more prevalent, which include:
- Head injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial lacerations
- General cuts, bruises, and abrasions
As the name would imply, catastrophic crashes involve more severe injuries, which often include spinal injuries as well as traumatic brain injuries. Often these types of motor vehicle accidents involve commercial vehicles. Due to their large size and weight, most injured victims require long-term medical care to recover.
If you have been involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle, you will need the help of a motor vehicle accident lawyer who is not afraid to provide you with the aggressive representation you need to recover damages to provide for your care and medical costs.
What Should I Do if I Have Been Involved in a Car Accident?
If you have been involved in a car crash, there are certain steps that you need to take to protect yourself after an auto accident. They are:
- Remain on the accident scene and call 911 to report the car wreck immediately. If possible, move damaged vehicles out of the path of oncoming traffic.
- Check to see if you have been injured in any way. If so, be certain to inform the 911 dispatcher that you need emergency medical responders for immediate treatment.
- Obtain and exchange information such as the other driver’s name and license number, the name of the other driver’s insurance company, as well as their phone number. In an effort to save valuable time, you may wish to take pictures with your cell phone of all of their information.
- Gather evidence such as the names and contact information of any potential witnesses, along with pictures of the accident scene to document the lighting and terrain conditions.
- Be sure to obtain a copy of the accident report to keep for your own personal records.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not think that you are injured, you should still be evaluated by a medical professional. Often internal injuries or whiplash do not immediately manifest themselves and could prove to be serious if you do not seek medical care in a timely manner. Also, be sure to ask for a copy of your medical report, which along with the police report, could prove to be invaluable should you need to file a car accident lawsuit.
- Do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company. An insurance adjuster may ask you to agree to make a recorded statement in which they may try to get you to admit to being at fault for the accident. The best policy is to let your Houston car accident attorney speak for you during the legal process.
- Speak with a Houston car accident attorney as soon as possible. Speaking with an experienced auto accident attorney as soon as possible protects yourself and your family should you need to pursue compensation through a car accident claim.
Is Texas a No-Fault State When it Comes to Car Accidents?
Texas is an at-fault state when it comes to paying for damages resulting from a car accident. This means that Texas law requires the at-fault driver to be responsible for paying for the damages. Under Texas law, an injured car accident victim is permitted to hold the responsible party accountable for both property damage and any personal injuries they may have sustained. If for some reason, the other driver does not have enough insurance coverage to reimburse you for your expenses, you may need to pursue financial recovery through a lawsuit.
The personal injury lawyers of the Redwine Law Firm are steadfast in their commitment to providing our clients with the highest degree of professionalism and legal representation. Our main objective is to recover a full financial recovery for your injuries and other damages.
Some of the most commonly awarded damages for an auto accident personal injury claim include:
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
One of the most common worries for most victims of vehicular accidents is how they will pay the expensive medical bills that they have incurred as a result of the collision. Even with health insurance, the cost involved in medical treatment after an accident can be overwhelming even for individuals in the best circumstances. The cost of prescription drugs or physical therapy could cause families to suffer financial hardship especially if severe injuries were sustained in the accident.
One of the most essential steps that you need to take after being injured in an accident is to obtain legal representation in the form of a qualified Houston car accident lawyer. Our auto accident attorneys will work to recover compensation that is in your best interest. We are highly experienced in dealing with insurers and insurance representatives. We provide all of our clients with aggressive representation in an effort to win a fair settlement for your accident injury
Can Your Law Firm Provide Me With the Legal Representation That I Need to Obtain a Full Financial Recovery?
After you have suffered injuries in a motor vehicle collision due to someone else’s negligence, you are presumably worried and anxious about how you will pay the mounting medical bills that are beginning to pile up even with your medical insurance. In addition, you are also scared thinking about the lost income you are missing out on due to your inability to work.
Being injured in a car wreck is upsetting enough without having to worry about how you are going to pay medical costs and fix or replace your vehicle that was involved in the accident. The Houston car wreck lawyers of the Redwine Law Firm are highly experienced and are dedicated to helping our clients receive full and fair compensation for the damages that they have suffered.
Our legal team understands your fears and concerns and is passionately committed to obtaining financial settlements that are in our client’s best interests. Having experienced Houston car accident lawyers on your side can make all the difference when it comes to dealing with the insurance company.
Often an insurance company will attempt to undervalue, delay, or even deny a claim in an effort to avoid fairly reimbursing victims. Be that as it may, our personal injury attorneys are well-versed in the deceitful tactics that insurers often attempt. Conversely, insurance adjusters may also try to entice you into agreeing to a car accident settlement that is not in your best interests. Although the amount they offer you may seem fair, rarely is it adequate to accommodate the costs related to past and potential medical expenses as well as lost wages and future income.
From the moment we agree to take your case, we will work to determine the liability of the vehicles involved and the events leading up to the accident. We will gather all of your medical records as well as the accident report that describes the crash narrative for your particular case to ensure that we have a strong case going forward. Our Houston, TX, accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, so we recover no fee unless you win.
Contact our law offices by calling 214-575-8300 to schedule a free case evaluation.